About Yü Energy
Yü Energy is a trading brand of Yü Group PLC. Yü Energy supplies gas, electricity, and water to thousands of businesses around the UK. It was founded by Bobby Kalar in 2009 and is now one of the fastest-growing energy suppliers in the UK. The company takes into consideration the individual needs of each client to make sure they can benefit from excellent customer service and personalised tariffs. Yü Energy gives customers the chance to pick its 100% clean energy tariff and helps them reduce their carbon emissions. The company has a 4.2 score on Trustpilot, which means it has received multiple great reviews from its customers. It also won multiple awards for outstanding customer service and being a supplier of the year.
Yü Energy’s services
Yü Energy supplies electricity, gas, and water to business customers. No matter the size of your business, the company can prepare the right contract for you. The overview of Yü Energy’s offer can be found in the table below.
|Business electricity||Customers can pick the Pure Green Plan that includes: 100% energy from renewable sourcesfixed energy plan for 12, 24 or 36 monthsRenewable Energy Guarantee of Origin certificate|
|Business gas||competitive business gas ratesfixed prices|
|Business water||supplying waterWastewater and Sewerage servicesremoving and treating used watermanagement of trade effluent|
|Utility packages||Clients can choose multi-fuel packages that include: gas, electricity, watermonthly or quarterly paymentsdiscount on electricity and gas rates|
If you want to see what deal Yü Energy could offer to your business, you can get a quote on their website.
Is Yü Energy green?
Yü Energy offers a green tariff, where all electricity is sourced from the wind generation. Each time someone buys it, the company gives money to the World Land Trust ‘Plant a Tree’ programme. In addition to that, Yü Energy encourages customers to switch to Electric Vehicles (EVs) by offering them discounts on energy if they install EV charging points.
When it comes to Yü Energy’s environmental impact, the company produces 346.55 g/kWh of CO2 emissions and 0.007 g/kWh of radioactive waste.
How to pay your business energy or water bills
If you switch to Yü Energy, you will pay for your utilities with Direct Debit. For gas and electricity, you will receive an invoice each month. For water, you will pay quarterly. The breakdown of what you will be charged for can be found in the table below.
|Gas and Electricity||a unit charge for each kWh of energy usedadditional charges like a standing charge or a capacity charge|
|water||a unit charge for the amount of water useda fixed standing charge|
If you have any troubles, you can call the team at 0115 697 1121 and get support, as well as discuss your options if you think you won’t be able to pay the bill.
How to switch to Yü Energy?
Changing suppliers can be stressful but, thanks to Yü Energy’s team that strives to make the process easy for all customers, all you have to do is follow 3 steps.
- Get a quote – the first thing you need to do is contact Yü Energy’s sales team that will explain what your contract options are. You also have to make sure that you’ve paid all the bills to your current supplier.
- Transfer your account – Yü Energy will contact your existing supplier to tell them you intend to switch energy providers. You will need to fill in the Letter of Authority and send it to email@example.com.
- Wait for a Welcome Pack – when the switching process is complete, you will be notified by email. Yü Energy will provide you with all the information you need.
How long it takes for the process to be finalised depends on the supply you’re getting.
- Gas – up to 14 days
- Electricity – up to 28 days
- Water – up to 1 month
When your contract with Yü Energy starts you will need to submit a meter reading to ensure that your first bill from them is accurate and you only pay for the energy you actually use. If you still have some questions or want to talk to an adviser before you make the switch, you can call 0115 697 1806 and they will help you with everything.
Reasons to choose Yü Energy
There are several reasons that make Yü Energy a great alternative to ‘Big Six’ suppliers.
- Good reviews – 4.2 star rating shows that customers are satisfied with the company’s services.
- Environmentally-friendly plans – when you choose the Pure Green electricity plan, you will be able to report zero carbon emissions.
- Competitive tariffs – if you purchase multiple supplies from Yü Energy you can get discounts on electricity and gas rates.
- Transparent energy plans – you will know exactly what you’re paying for. There are no hidden charges.
- Great customer care – the friendly yet professional team provides Yü Energy’s clients with all the support they need.